Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eat Like You Mean It

I’ve let real life get in the way of blog entries this week, and for that, I apologize. I did warn you early on that I may not be able to write daily but I did hope to write a few times a week. My boutique is going well and I’m still waiting on t-shirts for both my boutique collection and my Be Plexy collection. I change out my display lobby of the boutique at the 1st of each month so now everything will be switching from yellow to pink. August is my survivor-versary month so I will be including my Couture Bras for a Cause in the display and since it is also my Coming Out and Merchandise Launch party for Plexus, I will also put some Be Plexy signage and tees there too.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks; and when I say crazy, I mean, yes…there may have been a day...or four, that I wasn’t eating as I should or even remembering to take all of my Plexus goodies. But, when I said I was going to be transparent that is exactly what I meant. No matter how great any product is, we still have real lives and stuff happens and it is only as great when you remember to take it. No one to blame but myself.

Three weeks ago tomorrow, we drove three hours north to Kansas to pick up my dream camper. Okay, she may not seem like much now but she will be. I was going to rescue a Frito Lay truck and that didn’t work out but the name “Frita O’Lay” stuck during our entire search for the new “Frita”. We found her online and were elated that hubby got enough time off from work to fetch her. In the weeks since attaining her; taking down walls, and ceilings; and dreaming of her new look, Frita took on a life of her own. Her makeover has not yet begun and still she screamed for a name much more befitting her destination. Frita was completely appropriate for a Frito Lay truck but our new girl has decided she is Holly….Holly Goes Lightly. You see, in the weeks since her arriving home, I have also learned that people don’t just refer to their campers with a name, they actually paint it somewhere on their skins; much like boats. So, Holly Goes Lightly fits her perfect at being just 6ft x 8ft and weighing in at a “skinny” 1,100 pounds. We are soooo excited. But, again… I digress.


Everyone...meet Holly Goes Lightly
(and my daughter, Baby...to show scale. :) )
That Friday began as any other, and I was bound and determined to stay on track with my Plexus no matter the road trip ahead. I drank my pink drink. I took my pills. I even packed celery sticks in a baggie and brought extra waters. This road trip would not be the downward spiral to my very meager one week success of one pound. (Slow progress is better than no progress) BUT, we were barely an hour into the trip before a stop came. A stop which included Taco flavored Doritos. I planned to just eat a few. Um… plan out the window. That was the beginning of the end. The next stop kept the “Mexican” theme going but switched to something sweeter; a Choco Taco. My excuse for them both was that I couldn’t remember the last time I had EITHER of them. Note to self: Just because I don’t remember how long ago I ate crap food, doesn’t mean I need to eat crap food; let alone all in one day. Yes… I proceed to get this awesome camper but when we got home from such a long day and since I had already ruined my perfectly Plexus day… I went for it. We ordered pizza. But wait, it gets better.



That entire week was a series of bad decisions. Aside from the fact that it was entirely too hot to even begin demolition on our new acquisition, I proceeded to eat fast food a couple more times and hubby never once scolded me, but seemed grateful that he wasn’t fending for himself since I had done “healthy” for dinner and he wanted hot dogs or something else, clearly not part of my Plexus regime. I remember I had Carl’s Jr. I tried to tell myself it wasn’t as bad as other burger joints because their burgers are grilled, not fried. Who was I kidding? It was only then that I got a wake up call from the very SODA filled cup I got when picking up my “healthy” cheeseburger. “Eat like you mean it” was printed on the cup and I giggled to myself before dropping my French fry then and there. I’m not going to tell you that I won’t slip again but the week long stint of NOT doing what I knew I should was over. “Eat like you mean it.” I didn’t mean to pick up the first Dorito. I didn’t mean to order pizza and stop at other fast food joints; really not even stopping but slowing down through a drive thru. I didn’t mean to give up my healthy choices and decision making for a few stomach aches I thought were worth it.

I cheated and got on my scale a couple of times before my typical Tiara Tuesday… I had gained three pounds. Note to self: NEVER get on the scale in between weigh in days. I was in a BAD mood and couldn’t be mad at anyone by myself. Surprisingly enough…when weigh in day came, I had still managed to lose a couple of pounds. Um…what??

I have been on Plexus for three full weeks and my one month weigh in will be on Tuesday, August 5th. I have managed to lose 6 total pounds in three weeks. I measured at week one weigh in and will be measuring at the end of each month (hoping to see numbers moving down the tape measure).


I have made better choices since my little detour and I feel better; both for taking control back…again, and for seeing the numbers on the scale moving down instead of up. I know it won’t be 1, 2, or 3 pounds lost every week and that doesn’t matter. I know that slow progress is better than no progress and with the support system I have and my Coming Out and Merchandise Launch party just two weeks away… I want to keep riding this pink ride and I’m hoping that others will see something in me AND this company to wanna ride with me. My energy is fantastic. I still don’t sleep much (let’s face it…that won’t be changing any time soon) BUT the sleep I do get (usually 5ish hours) is great sleep. I feel rested when I wake up in the morning and that is worth it. I’m not sure which of the products I’m taking is responsible for the way I feel but I’ll just keep taking them all to be on the safe side.

I’m grateful for my friends that are there for me and don’t make me feel like poop for “falling off the wagon” but instead pull me back up and welcome me on like it was the first time. I’m excited for September to roll around so that I can open up Simply Parties for our Be Plexy Weigh Ins and Sip and Sees each week. I want to be the support for others that has so quickly been given to me. I am excited to “…build each other up as we already are doing.” (2 Thessalonians)

Looking forward to blogging again. I have a crazy week of new boutique merchandise, parties to plan, and projects to finish but I’ll be back here MUCH sooner than I came back this time. Please know that it is ALWAYS my goal to be honest and my delay in blogging this week was NOT because I “slipped” into Mexican junk food. Trust me… I will ALWAYS share the ups AND the downs of my journey because you and I both know there will be times I help you up…and other times that I will be looking for you to help me.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and very good advice. We all slip, but the overall trend in the right direction is what we are looking for. I have a hard time on weekends and if I weigh Sunday or Monday then it's usually discouraging. Hence, your suggestion for once a week (if even that often) is very good advice. Stay true and never give up!

    ReplyDelete